Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Glenhurst Meadows

My husband Tom and I definitely have our favorite places to walk or do some light hiking, but I heard about a place not too far from our house, so we tried it out one weekend.

Glenhurst Meadows in located on Mountain Avenue in Warren Township, New Jersey.  A map of Glenhurst Meadows can be found on the Warren Township website.

The trails here range from 1/4 mile to approximately 2 miles (there is a trail map in the parking lot at the site).  We chose the Green Path, the longest trail which snakes around the edges of the property.  The trails are not terribly well-marked, but they are obvious.
 
 
These nature trails are flat (no hills here) and fairly easy to walk, although some parts were extremely muddy when we visited.  There are two large ponds at the rear of the property, and the Passaic River forms the northern border.
 

 
The Wagner Arboretum lies to the west of Glenhurst Meadows; there are supposed to be trails connecting the two, but honestly, we couldn't find them.
 
All in all, it was a pretty place to take a morning walk.  Considering the muddy trail conditions, I'm not sure how soon we'll be going back, but I'm glad we at least tried it once.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!